In short, Kindergarden 2010 is a demoparty which will take place during the weekend stretching from the 5th to the 7th of November 2010 at Haga Samfunnshus in eastern Norway. As for every demoparty with self respect there will be compos, entertainment, great people and a friendly atmosphere. Check out the pictures from last year to see for yourself!
Kindergarden 2010 is organized by Boozoholics.
Facilities at the venue
The place can seat around 100 people, and it also has a small sleeping hall. Tables, chairs and electricity comes included in the entrance fee (feel free to bring your own extension cords though, to be sure to get connected). We have a small cafeteria where we strive to keep some of your hunger and thirst at bay. Please note that the partyplace probably has no connection to the internet. However, there will be a small intranet available, so bring your network cables.
There will also be a grill / bonfire and some wood. Feel free to bring extra wood, as we always tend to run out.
Now that you have decided to come, please register yourself as a visitor on demoparty.net to let the whole world know.
Tickets at the door costs 200 NOK (about 25€), paid in cash. We don't accept credit cards, checks, stamps or IOU notes, only cash. Norwegian currency only. Cash. Get it? However, if you're a foreigner, you'll get away with paying 150 NOK (about 20€) at the door. Foreginers living outside of Norway, that is.
You can also buy cheaper tickets in advance. The price is 150NOK (about 20€) per ticket. Payment for advance ticket and food for Friday must be placed no later than Wednesday November 3rd 2010. The account info is as follows:
- Nina Høegh-Larsen
- Account number:
- NO91 2220 1672 779
- Adress to the bank:
After transferring the money, feel free to use the contact form to inform us. That way we can check that the money came through.
Remember to put your handle in the subject field and to bring the receipt from your transfer. If you don't, we can't let you in without paying at the door. We don't know the real names of every scener and their mother, and we trust noone.
After the success of the last four years, we will as always have a food menu. The details are as follows:
- Dinner Friday: Lapscouse
- Breakfast Saturday: Baguettes
- Dinner Saturday: Stew
The price for dinner is 50NOK (about 6€) each, while breakfast is 25NOK (about 3€). You can also buy the whole package at once for 100NOK(about 12€). Please note that the dinner for Friday has to be ordered and paid for Wednesday 3rd of November the latest. This so we know how much food to make. Deadline for ordering the Saturday dinner will be announced later, along with the full menu. If you happen to be allergic to something or a vegetarian, please let us know using the contact form, so we can take this into consideration while assembling the menu.
No Kindergarden without a crew running around not knowing shit. This year we consist of:
We hope you like music, because this year we've booked Goto80 to play for us on friday night. The show will start at 23:30 and probably last until he gets tired. We highly recommend that you check it out. If you for some reason never heard of Goto80 before, we demand that you buy some of his stuff and listen to it beforehands. You should also check out his website.
Every place has it's own set of rules. Kindergarden is no exception. These rules have built up during the years and are as follow:
- The rules are simple. We do not want to control your life. Just be nice, and use your brain.
- Norwegian laws apply, as we are in Norway. It's your responsibility to be in compliance with these laws, and your problem if you are not.
- We can and will not take the responsibility for any kinds of theft or injuries. Not even injuries by our big guards. You'll have no witnesses!
- We do not allow anyone selling anything without WRITTEN permission from the organizers.
- You are allowed to drink alcohol but note that too intoxicated persons will be thrown out or given a good flushing in the toilet. Don't drink more than you can handle. This will save both us and yourself from a lot of trouble.
- Puking inside the hall will be fined with 200 NOK. Please use a toilet if you suddenly have an urge.
- Smoking is not allowed inside, not even during the demo compo.
- You have to be 18 or over to attend.
- Any damage to personal and public property must be paid for. This includes taking planks and other materials obviously supposed to be used to renovate the kindergarten and make a bonfire out of them.
- Don't wreck the party place! This means: no stealing stuff from the hall, no graffitti jams on the venue, no "creative" scavenger hunts for bonfire material and absolutely no playing with the sound system.
- Be polite and smile when the organizers try to fix your problems and don't bitch the organizers all the time if you can fix something yourself without us noticing. (But stay away from the power!)
- No stabbing allowed inside the partyhall (Slummy/Spaceballs excepted)
- All assigns are made relative to ADE
There will always be something that people wonder about, and will call us voice and nag about. This should answer most of your queries.
- Q: Can we reserve tables at Kindergarden for our group?
- A: Only if you bring single malt whiskey or Havana Club Rum for Menace.
- Q: I'm a gamer. Can I come to KG?
- A: No! Die! But seriosly, if you go to KG to play games you really are in the wrong place. Kindergarden has it's focus on the demoscene and not gaming. But if you're curious and want to see what this demoscene thing is all about then KG is a perfect place to learn. Talk to the sceners there and watch the compos. We're sure you'll be inspired.
- Q: Can I bring my microwave oven/fridge/etc?
- A: Sure, if you bring your own supply of power.
- Q: Is there any bustrips to Kindergarden from foreign countries?
- A: Check newsgroups or scenerelated websites. We'll put some info up about trips if we recieve any.
- Q: Can I steal some equipment at the party? I really want that inflatable USB buttplug.
- A: Sure. Can we rip out all your nails, beat you to a blood pulp with a baseball bat and put needles in your testicles?
- Q: Can we stretch the deadlines?
- A: Earlier we've been quite flexible when it comes to deadlines. TOO flexible. Because of this we didn't have enough time to prepare the compos. If you want the compos to run smooth without delays then you can contribute by delivering your entry in time.
- Q: What's this rumour I hear about there being an 18-year limit?
- A: Limiting the party to those of eighteen years of age or older allows us to avoid the rapidly increasing number of 14 year old gamers and it means that the visitors acts more responsible and fair. Also, you have to be over 18 to drink alcohol in Norway, and this way we don't have to run around babysitting you. We don't see the limit as a problem since most of the people usually attending KG are over 18 anyway. If you really wanna come to KG even if you're underaged then contact the organizers and ask for an invitation. This should be no problem if your're a scener or want to become one.